The monastery has been built at the time of the Second Bulgarian Kingdom, over an old consecrated ground. It was renewed in 1914. There is a sacred spring near the monastery. The icons, which have been preserved in the monastery, date back to 1914.
The “St. Pantaleymon” Monastery is active only during the warm months of the year – from the middle of May to the middle of September. The monastery is a quite convenient destination for half or full-day excursions in the vicinity of Bansko and Dobrinishte and picnics in the nature of Pirin.