The monastery was founded in the 18th century and nowadays functions regularly. The monastery is a complex consisting of an old and architecturally interesting church, residential and farm buildings. There is a holy spring nearby. The church is one-nef, one-apse, with two conches. It was built in 1814 and its original round narthex was added later. It was declared a monument of culture.
Patron Saint's days are on 1st July and 1st November.