It was probably founded in the 16th century. It was robbed by kurdjalii and was later restored (1855 and 1882). At present it functions regularly. The monastery is a complex of a church - one-nef, one-apse, with a narthex, and residential and farm buildings. On August 9, 1886 (the Julian calendar) the dethroned prince Alexander Battenberg was taken to the monastery where he spent a day and two nights.
Nowadays the monastery is declared a monument of culture.
Patron Saint's day is on November 8th.