The monastery "St. Peter" which had existed on its present place in the 9th10th century, was destroyed by the Turks in the 14th century. Its foundations were discovered in 1925 and the present church was sanctified in 1950. During the period 1965-77 residential buildings were built.
At present the complex represents a church, one-nef, one-apse, with a cupola and inner and outer narthex, residential and farm buildings. The church was built over a mound necropolis, and under the church nef there is a preserved ancient vault from the end of the 4th - the beginning of the 5th century (3.35 x 2.99 x 2.28 m), to which a stone staircase from the narthex leads.
The cloister functions regularly. 9th September is the Patron Saints day.