It was founded in the 16th century. In 1855 it was restored. At present it operates periodically. It is a complex including a church and deserted residential and farm buildings. The church (13,20 x 3,90/4,25 m) is one-nef, one-apse, without a cupola, with a narthex added to the Central part and one entrance - from the north.
Valuable mural paintings from the 17th century are preserved in it. In the 17th - 18th century the monastery exercised a substantial cultural influence and maintained connections with Russian and Mount Athos monasteries, and at the end of the 18th century a monastery school was opened.
At present the monastery was declared a monument of culture.