Bilintsi Monastery

Popular Name Bilintsi
Orthodox Name St. Archangel Michail
Region SW, Pernik

Location
The Bilintsi monastery is located at the foot of the Tsruncha elevation, in the skirts of the Zavalska mountain. It is 1 km to the north-east of the village of Bilintsi, Breznik municipality.

History and general info
It was founded in the 16th century. In 1855 it was restored. At present it operates periodically. It is a complex including a church and deserted residential and farm buildings. The church (13,20 x 3,90/4,25 m) is one-nef, one-apse, without a cupola, with a narthex added to the Central part and one entrance - from the north. Valuable mural paintings from the 17th century are preserved in it. In the 17th - 18th century the monastery exercised a substantial cultural influence and maintained connections with Russian and Mount Athos monasteries, and at the end of the 18th century a monastery school was opened.

At present the monastery was declared a monument of culture.
Accommodation and food
Transport
It is connected to the town of Breznik (12 km) by a third-class road to the south-east and to the town of Trun (29 km) - by a third class road going round to the south and then - by the 63 second-class road to the north-west.
Contacts


For all your travel needs, contact Amadeus7 - touroperator in Bulgaria.
Send email to or call directly tel. +359 878 822 803.



  Historical value:
Rating: 1.0/7 (3 votes cast)
  Tourist facilities:
Rating: 1.0/7 (3 votes cast)
  Transportation:
Rating: 1.0/7 (3 votes cast)
  Our presentation:
Rating: 1.0/7 (3 votes cast)

Post a comment
Name
Email  (will not be published)