According to a legend, the monastery was established at the time of the Roman rule over these lands. It represented a complex with 40 chapels (some of which were dedicated to St. St Apostles Peter and Paul, St. Nikolay, St. St. Kozma and Damyan, etc), many monastery buildings and properties. It is believed that there was a Roman bath close to the St Nikolay chapel that used a hot mineral water spring. The place nowadays is a marsh and does not freeze during the winter.
It is not known for how many years the monastery existed. Once, around the Krustovden religious holiday, villagers from Obradovtsi while walking their cattle, saw that the cattle started to nuzzled tiles, bricks and other pieces of construction. Later on, people from the village decided to dig deeper into the remains and found the foundations of an old church. They discovered the church’s altar and close to it, a small well built of stones. The well is believed to have been the holy spring of the church.
The remains were believed to have been a part of the St. Mina monastery. People started coming to the monastery from all parts of the country immediately after they heard about the only monastery in Bulgaria dedicated to St. Mina. Some funds were raised by the people who gathered on the church’s official holiday on Nov 24th. A wooden chapel with icons was build thank to the funds. It existed until 1942. Then, a residential building that was used for sheltering pilgrims was also built and existed until 1969. The old building is currently replaced by a spacious two-storey building and another one one-storey building.
In 1942 a new church was started to be built. Construction ended 1945, with the main builder being a renowned master from Varna, Toma Ivanov. The altar’s icons were painted by prof. Georgi Bogdanov while the altar was carved by two masters from Sofia. On October 21 the same year the church was consecrated. All items of the interior – vessels, chandeliers, icons, carpets, etc are donated by visitors. At the anteroom of the church a large icon of St. Mina, which is believed to be miracle-working, can be seen.
In late 1957, a chapel dedicated to St. Kozma and Damyan was built and consecrated. A holy spring is integrated into the altar of the chapel. Currently, the chapel is used as a winter church.