In the antiquity (4-5th c), Kabile was a big religious centre and during the time of Emperor St Constantine the Great the monastery was about 1km away from the present-day archeology reserve. There was a curative spring around the monastery and the legend says that Queen Elena sent people to the cloister to bring her water from the spring.
Kabile was an Orthodox cloister inhabited by nuns until the Ottoman invasion in the late 14th c. Although the monastery was completely destroyed by the Turks, the people kept the memory of the magic water. According to a legend, in 1898 Stoyan Ganev from the village of Kabile saw in his dream a woman in black, who showed him the place of the curative spring. He began to dig and water sprang out. Unfortunately, some rows with his countrymen forced him to dig the spring back below the surface. In this very minute he was blinded. This way people forgot about the spring, it was covered with grass for 17 years. An old lady from Sliven rediscovered the spring, following her dream, in 1918. A chapel was built close to the spring and later, the monastery itself was erected. Construction works lasted 25 years. A man from the village of Gen. Inzovo - Georgi Nikolov, traveled from village to village, collecting donations for the construction of the monastery, which was successfully finished in 1944.
The monastery is currently run by nuns. Since 1995, it has been run by nun Minodora and at present four other nuns live there. The church holiday is on 8th September. Most pilgrims are drawn here by the belief that the monastery’s holy spring will bring them health and longevity. Often, those grateful for being cured are coming back with generous gifts.