It is believed that the cloister was founded in 11th century. It was restored in the middle of 19th century due to a boy, who had a vision.
The present temple was built over the foundations of an older one, significantly bigger. Its construction lasted from 1861 to 1863. In 1864 the temple was sanctified.
It consists of a small, one-nave, one-apse church (restored in 1863), residential and farm buildings.
At present, the monastery is active, without monks.